Today’s Mortgage Refinance Rates
Refinance rates change on a daily basis, which is why it’s important that anyone interested in refinancing their home check this feed regularly. Our rates represent the lowest rates available each day for each loan type. While we strive for accuracy, keep in mind that the actual rates you will be offered will depend on a multitude of factors, including your home’s value, your location, and your current financial situation. Here are today’s mortgage refinance rates:
Refinance Rate Trends*
Getting the Best Rates Possible
While the rates above are a good baseline to consider, your rates will likely be different. Rate calculations include your credit score, your down payment, how much you still owe on your house, and the current value of your home. Steps you can take to improve your odds of receiving a better rate include:
- Keeping an eye on market trends: Checking this feed regularly to keep tabs on how refinance rates are trending will ensure that you don’t miss out on possible historical lows.
- Working towards a high credit score and paying off your debts: As we mentioned already, your financial situation matters when it comes to rates. Keep up on all your payments and keep an eye on your credit score -- the higher it is, the lower rates you’ll likely be offered.
- Reading the terms carefully: Some loans are too good to be true. Always make sure to read through the terms of a loan carefully before accepting it so that you don’t inadvertently pay more than you’re expecting.
- Shopping rates strategically: Always check what more than one lender has to offer. Settling on the first lender they spoke to is a mistake many homeowners make. Requesting quotes from multiple lenders will ensure that you get the best loan possible.
Compare the Best Refinance Options
Once you’ve checked out the going rates, it’s time to decide what kind of loan you want to refinance into and which company you want to work with. It’s key to always keep your refinance goals in mind, so they can inform the options you choose. Here are just a few of the most common reasons homeowners have for refinancing their mortgage:
- They want to take advantage of lower interest rates
- They want lower monthly payments
- They want to pay off their mortgage more quickly
- They want access to extra cash for big life projects
Knowing what you hope to accomplish by refinancing should make it easier to choose which type of loan you should opt for -- check out our guide to refinance loans to learn about the benefits of each type. Once you’ve decided on the type of loan you want, it’s time to look at companies. To figure out which one might suit your needs best, check the rates each has to offer for your loan type and read through our in-depth reviews. After you’ve found some companies you’re interested in, you can apply and get started.